Monday 7 July 2014

DJ EUPHONIK BREAKS THE SILENCE ON BONANG ABUSE


Euphonic finally breaks the silence, two years after he made headlines for beating his girlfriend, Bonang Matheba. He finally spoke about the physical abuse during an interview with journalist Nicky Greenwall on her 'ScreenTime' show.

Continue for more after the cut. ..


Bonang Matheba had our tongues hanging when she obtained a protection order against her boyfriend after he physically abused her.

It was reported that the Dj slapped and allegedly kicked Bonang like a football until neighbours rushed to help after hearing her screams.


This is what the DJ had to say about the predicament:

On whether it destroyed his brand, career & relationships:
"I think publicly it was a very big deal, but I think to everyone that knows me, and knows about me, and knows where I come from and the kind of person that I am, it didn't really sway their perception in any way" 

"Because what generally happens in instances like this is you lose your endorsements. I'm aligned to some very, very big brands and none of that happened. I had a lot of support through that time."

On why he did not say anything when he made headlines :
"It was me being me. I've never been the person to say 'look at me, this is my girlfriend', 'look at me, this is the person I'm dating now', 'look at me, this is what's happening in my personal life."

"So when this stuff was happening, it would have been almost out of character for me to now all of a sudden be running my mouth and talking about it."

On whether he felt betrayed: 
"To a certain extent, Yes. For me it was like, irrespective of what happened and how it happened, what happened behind our close doors is between you and I and, hundred percent, if there is anything that needs to get to this kind of a level, then let it get to that kind of a level, but then let it be that."

In 2013, Bonang admitted that she and Euphonik have reconciled during an interview with Gareth Cliff on 5FM


No comments:

Post a Comment