Tuesday 25 November 2014

KELLY KHUMALO ON LIFE GOES ON AFTER SENZO MEYIWA

Continue for more after the cut...


It has been less than a month after the brutal murder of her future husband, Senzo Meyiwa and the singer hosted a launch of her Album. The media briefing was held at Universal Music offices in Johannesburg. 

The singer has been critised and crucified for moving on so fast, these critics and saints in their own rights came guns blazing at her, wondering if she shouldn't be grieving, seated on a mattress behind her bedroom door, wearing black clothing and refrain from attending "fun" events or any kind of event for that matter, for a period longer than a month.

Well during the media briefing,  the singer decided to speak out for herself:

“First of all I am a working woman, I was before the incident and I will be after,” says the singer firmly.

“I have a responsibility to my children and fans. I am a mother with two children to raise.”

“I would much appreciate that all of you give me time – until I am ready to talk about it.”

Commenting on her most talked about track titled "Asine" (a song about a woman accused by her in-laws and community of killing her husband.)

The singer said: “The song was written months ago by Chicco. Little did I know the song was prophetic." 

“As from now, I hope the Senzo stigma leaves Kelly,” added Eugene Mthethwa

Check out the video below:




No comments:

Post a Comment