Monday 5 January 2015

NICKI MINAJ SPEAKS ABOUT HAVING AN ABORTION

Nicki graces the cover of Rolling Stone, wherein she speaks about having an abortion when she was a teenager, ending her 11- year relationship with Safaree Samuels, and her sexy music videos.

continue for excerpts of the interview after the cut....

On her new album "The Pinkprint":
One of my goals was to give people a glimpse into my personal life, because it's something I've kept very private. I had to learn to do something as simple as sleep alone. I struggled with 'Do I express these feelings?' And I decided there's no reason for me to hide. I'm a vulnerable woman, and I'm proud of that.




On inspiring young girls:
With a video like 'Anaconda,' I'm a grown-ass fucking woman. I stand for girls wanting to be sexy and dance, but also having a strong sense of themselves. If you got a big ol' butt? Shake it! Who cares? That doesn't mean you shouldn't be graduating from college.

On having an abortion:
I thought I was going to die, I was a teenager. It was the hardest thing I'd ever gone through. It'd be contradictory if I said I wasn't pro-choice. I wasn't ready. I didn't have anything to offer a child.

On rappers who do not take the craft seriously:
I hate when artists brag about not writing rhymes, or doing things really quickly, and then it's not great. It's ill when Jay Z or Wayne say it, because the results are great. When they're not? Sit your ass down and figure out something new to say!"



No comments:

Post a Comment