Monday 14 July 2014

CASSPER NYOVEST ACCUSED OF STEALING SONG


Cassper  recently released a new single "Phumakim". The new single scored over 150,000 downloads in just a day of its release.

Struggling rapper named Sipho Moratiwa from Ga-Rankuwa, Tshwane claims that the Doc Shebeleza hitmaker stole his song. Sipho released a track with a same title as Cassper's new single, Phumakim.

Continue for more after the cut. ....


Sipho claims the following:
“When I finished recording my extended play I sent the song Phumakim, my first single, to radio stations and prominent artists, asking for their opinions. Cassper was one of them. He never responded but I continued to market the song.”

 “Cassper just paraphrased my words and upped the tempo, otherwise it’s my song.” added Sipho

Be that as it may, Cassper refutes the allegations, he also claims his song was produced by Brian Soko, a Zimbabwean born music producer.

South African Music Rights Organisation worker confirmed that Sipho registered a song titled Phumakim On the 22nd of October, 2013.

 You do the math, Cassper released his song with the same title a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment